Friday, May 30, 2008

Levitating! Action Shot and Blurred Background Editing

. Friday, May 30, 2008


I was playing with my the "action" feature on my camera. I had my daughter jump up and down while the camera took a sequence of shots. I chose this photo to post because it looks like she is levitating in the air. I thought it was such a cool shot. The background in the original photo was actually sharply focused but I didn't like that it didn't really show her with her body floating. I blurred the background using the lasso technique. When I have the time, I'll post the tutorial. . .maybe sometime this week! Although this shot was taken with my daughter actually up in the air, with Photoshop you could probably have a photo like this without the person actually up in the air when the original shot was taken. Now a days, you don't know what shots are actually real or edited.

3 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Congrats on your awesome new blog! I love the inspiration theme and these pics are SO cool. I just HAVE to get photoshop now so I can learn neat tricks from you! :0)

Rita said...

This picture is awesome! I luv how you get so inspired in the things you do & want to share with all of us, I really appreciate it & it's a learning experience for us too to follow along. Thanks for sharing & this web design is so beautiful! What software do you have Photo elements 7 ?

Tracy.H said...

Maria!! I love the new blog! I can not wait to see your new creations with photography. Love it! :0)