Friday, May 30, 2008

The start of a new hobby and blog!!

. Friday, May 30, 2008


Hi Everyone!! I'm starting a new blog for my photos. On Mother's Day, my husband bought me a new camera - the Canon Rebel XTi and I'm slowly learning how to use it. I'm also learning how to use Photoshop!

I didn't want to post all my photos on my card and stamping blog sites because I'm not sure if readers for those blog sites want to see my photos.
I love learning new things and I think I found a new hobby. It's always a good thing to learn something new.

Photo details:

Taken on autofocus with no flash, I took a picture of my daughter with the intention of taking a photo of her looking like she is holding the sun but it did not work out that way. The sun was shining to brightly but where I was located, I could not take a picture of the sun when it was closer to setting.

The top photo was edited by cropping the original photo then reducing the gamma. This caused the foreground to darken and brighten the sun's rays. I like how it turned out. The second photo is the unedited version of the photo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!
how do you put background on your blog?

Little C's Creations said...

this is awesome Maria, I'm so happy you've started this blog, and I look forward in following along with you and what you discover.

this photo is actually pretty cool! i love it... i bet you saw that email where everybody was holding the sun in their hands, and got the idea, huh?! Well, it looks awesome...

hugs,
Jen

PS... yea, i love learning new things too, you're going to love this new found hobby!!!

Rita said...

Awesome pictures & the close up is so cool looking!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Good luck with your new blog and your photography. The look of this blog is fantastic. Love the black and pink.

Cherie said...

Alright Maria! Off on a new adventure....i will be along for the ride and more sunsets!