Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lens Flare and Changing the Color of Parts of Your Photo Tutorial

. Thursday, June 26, 2008





I decided to look for a tutorial online and see if I can create something cool from something ordinary. I found a tutorial that provides steps on how to give clouds a vintage look and add a flare lens to the photo. Rather than recreating the tutorial, I decided to just link the tutorial because it's a great tutorial for a newbie like me.

Although my photo is not a picture of a cloud, I decided to see if I can use the tutorial on a photo with running water. The photo is of our waterfall in our backyard that I took a close up photo of. With this tutorial, you can change the color of select areas of your photo as well as add a lens flare (the circular bright light).
I love how it turned out. The modified version reminds me of some sci-fi sort of scene. . .like a different planet. LOL! What do you think? Anyway, try the tutorial out and see what you can come up with!!

2 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Both shots are ultra kewl. It's amazing what you can do! :0)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

It's your latest stalker here, ;0) I have photoshop now, so I can try & learn some of your nifty tricks! :0)