Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blurred Background

. Sunday, February 15, 2009


I wanted to create a blurred background for this image. I followed this tutorial. It was really quite easy to create the very blurred background. I could have blurred it further but when I overblurred the background, my daughter's image looked pasted on.

Click Here for the tutorial.

There are several ways to create a blurred background. This method was fairly easy. This is a great method to blur selected areas of your photo.


As you can see the background is blurred compared to the original photo

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maria, I just went through this blog and LOVE your photos!! I have a Sony A100 DSLR and I am STILL learning all the ins and outs of the awesome things that can be done with the camera.

This is a GREAT blog and I can see that I will learn so much from your posts! You have inspired me to grab my camera and play again! It is cold and snowy here, so the camera does not go outside much...well, I don't go outside much. LOL But, I can see that I need to play more with it! OH and need to invest in Photoshop too!

I see that I have written a book.....so I will stop now! LOL